NOTICE ON GOLF CART USAGE IN SOUTH MEADOWS
If you have a valid driver’s license, you may drive the golf cart during the day within four miles of your home or business and on secondary highways.
To receive a golf cart permit, do all of the following:
AIKEN CITY COUNCIL PASSED ORDINANCE CONTINUING MANDATORY FACE COVERINGS
In a 5-2 vote (Nov 2020), the city of Aiken City Council has passed an ordinance that will require individuals to wear face-coverings or masks in many settings.
It takes effect at noon Friday.
The city had a face-covering ordinance for several months, but the rule required frequent renewal and had expired in the past few days. The council’s action Thursday enacted a similar ordinance better suited to long-term implementation.
The new ordinance, taking effect Friday, states all people shall comply with the emergency restrictions set forth in the South Carolina Executive Order No. 2020-63
The ordinance also aims to reduce the potential exposure of city residents, businesses, and visitors to COVID 19.
The expiration of the face-coverings/masks ordinance is contingent upon the following:
- The COVID-19 state of emergency declared by Gov. Henry McMaster is rescinded.
- The City Council approves a resolution to end the face-coverings/masks mandate.
- All food service or restaurant establishments shall comply with the emergency restrictions set forth in McMaster’s Executive Order No. 2020-63.
- All customers are required to wear face coverings while inside the enclosed area of any retail establishment.
- All retail establishments shall require staff to wear, and those staff shall wear face coverings while working in areas open to the general public and areas in which interactions with other staff are likely in which social distancing of at least 6 feet cannot be observed.
- Businesses subject to this ordinance are required to post appropriate signage at each public entrance to the building, informing anyone entering the building of these requirements. The operator of the business shall ensure that all people entering the building are complying.
- Failure by customers to comply with this ordinance could result in a misdemeanor charge and fine of $25 relative to trespassing as defined in South Carolina Code Section 16-11-520 if they refuse to leave the premises.
- In outdoor or unenclosed areas appurtenant to retail establishments in which social distancing of at least 6 feet is possible and observed.
- For people whose religious beliefs prevent them from wearing a face covering.
- For those who cannot wear a face covering due to a medical or behavioral condition.
- In Aiken County School District K-12 facilities in the city limits.
- In private, individual offices.
- When complying with directions of law enforcement officers.
- In settings where it is not practical or feasible to wear a face covering, including when obtaining goods or services such as the receipt of dental services, barbering services or beautician services or while swimming.
- While doing outdoor physical activity.
- Police officers, firefighters, or other first responders when not practical or engaged in a public safety matter of an emergency nature, or persons engaged in the repair or maintenance of infrastructure.
- While exclusively with members of a family in the same household, and no person other than such family or household is within the same enclosed area.
Welcome to South Meadows Online!
Welcome to South Meadows a family based residential community in quaint Aiken, South Carolina. South Meadows provides a quiet neighborhood boasting a pool house, pool, and recently added playground. Events such as our Annual BBQ, Fall Festival, Easter Egg hunt and much more allow for residents to meet, mingle, or just catch up. Our community website was developed to serve as an informative resource for both our neighborhood and our local community. Please feel free to contact us with your comments and suggestions – email@example.com. Thanks!